There are many ways people try to look younger and more beautiful. They buy expensive clothes, get fancy haircuts, workout hard and use lots of different cosmetics. But perhaps the most important feature that people notice are the eyes. The eyes, as they say, are the window to the soul. They tell us a lot about a person, especially their age. People who want to hide their age and appear more youthful know that the key to a glowing look is by keeping the skin around your eyes hydrated. The best way to do this is by using an effective eye cream.
But not all eye creams are created equally. Many people claim that the market for eye creams is one of the most controversial and convoluted in the cosmetics industry. Most products make bold claims about getting rid of bags, lines, wrinkles and more. However they ‘forget’ to mention that using synthetic compounds on the skin around the eyes can have a detrimental impact on your looks and health.
To really get a more youthful look while embracing the power of organic ingredients, you must use a natural eye cream. We recommend the Amara Organics brand. But before buying a cream you should learn a little more about the anatomy of your eyes.
Even if you give the utmost attention to taking care of your eyes, you still may notice wrinkles and fine lines over time. The skin around your eyes is incredibly fragile and thin, and your skin doesn’t have oil glands. This means it’s difficult for the skin to get moisture. The skin also lacks the amount of collagen and elastin found in other parts of the body, making your eyes really vulnerable to aging.
To help heal your eyes you need to understand their anatomy and why they’re different from other parts of the body. And to really get the most out of your eye cream and to truly see astounding changes in your appearance, you’re going to need to target your biggest issue. For example, do you have sagging eyelids? Fine lines? Wrinkles? Each is caused by a different factor, and that factor needs to be specifically targeted. Additionally, a regular face moisturizer just won’t do- the skin around your eyes is different than the rest of your face. It’s more delicate, and require a more gentle product.
Nearly every eye cream on the market comes in a different form, size or shape. It can be really tough to choose the right product for you and your needs.
Let’s look at some of the most common issues and how you can directly target them:
- Heavy or Sagging Eyelids: A result of weak, unhealthy skin that is best targeted by boosting collagen and elastin, as well as using vitamins and other nutrients to prevent inflammation.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Wrinkles are a result of aging and sun damage, and must be combated and reversed through antioxidants and boosting cell turnover to encourage fresher, newer skin.
- Dryness: Simply fixed by providing plenty of moisture to the eyes through natural moisturizers like jojoba oil.
- Dark Circles: These are caused by poor blood flow and inflammation, so anything that encourages better blood flow will help remedy dark circles.
Most quality eye creams will do more than just solve one of the above problems, but they usually focus on one issue. Additionally, these products may make claims that they can do all of the above. Fortunately, because you can figure out what ingredients solve particular issues, you’ll know for sure if their claims are legitimate.
You should also keep an eye out for what to avoid. Many products contain the usual suspects of chemical compounds like SLS, propylene glycol, fragrances and others. Not only are these substances bad for health in general, but they should be especially avoided when it comes to the delicate skin around your eyes. Fortunately all the products below don’t use any of these harmful chemicals.
There is a lot of confusion when it comes to creams. Don’t fret and stress yourself out though- check out these options we’ve found for you.
1. Amara Organics
This brand is on the cutting edge of organic skincare. They are able to formulate high-quality products using only natural ingredients.
Amara Organics eye cream is perfect for dark circles and puffiness is a great all around eye product. It attacks these problems in several ways: using cucumber to soothe puffy eyes, hyaluronic acid to hydrate and plump up skin, and peptides to rejuvenate skin growth.
After using this cream you’ll immediately be able to notice that your skin appears smoother and more hydrated around your eyes. Over time, you’ll notice puffiness will start to subside and fine lines will shrink.
2. Bee Naturals
Bee Naturals eye balm is a good product that will effectively hydrate your skin. It contains vitamin E, beeswax, and 10 different oils. What is different about this product is that it’s a balm, not a cream. A balm is normally wax-based and when applied it will form a protective layer on your skin.
This product is relatively expensive but it comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
Looking for a more youthful look in less time? Instanatural has the perfect product for you.
Their anti-aging eye gel lifts aging, saggy skin to improve appearance. It does so by using a combination of ingredients, including Hyaluronic acid which helps to ‘plump’ up skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
InstaNatural eye gel comes in a small .5 ounce bottle that makes it perfect for bringing on the go.
Taking care of your eyes requires some attention. Treating them properly and promoting good health is something you’re going to have to do each day. Here are a few things to remember:
- Protect From Sunlight: As you may know, sun damage is one of the biggest causes of aging. The eyes are no exception here. Eye creams don’t often have SPF, and using a regular sunscreen will be too harsh on the eyes. So the smartest thing to do here is to wear a quality pair of polarized sunglasses every time you go outside. Not only will this prevent sun damage, but it will keep your eyes strong.
- Packaging: Eye creams can be expensive and often contain powerful formulas. Therefore all products should be kept out of the light, at room temperature, and tightly sealed to maintain their proper function.
- Consistency: You shouldn’t expect to see overnight results. Sure, your eyes may look healthier after just one use, but in terms of getting rid of fine lines and wrinkles it will take some time. Make sure to consistently use your product 1 to 2 times a day according to the directions on the product’s label.
If you feel like you’ve already tried different ways to make your eyes look healthier and more youthful, there are a few things to keep in mind. For one, you should try giving natural eye creams a try. The chemicals in other creams may have caused irritation, reducing their effectiveness.
Also, it takes a bit of time to really see results. Unlike natural body lotion which immediately moisturizes skin, getting rid of wrinkles and reducing puffy bags takes time. Just be patient! And in no time your eyes will have everybody’s attention.