Your feet are a really important part of your body. You need them not just for day-to-day affairs, but also for long-term health. So when choosing a foot cream, you want to choose the best you possibly can.
All-natural foot creams offer numerous benefits for your feet. Creams with moisturizing capabilities, for example, are ideal for combating and preventing cracked heels. Some contain ingredients that will reduce odor. Others contain ingredients that will aid with the treatment and prevention of bacterial infections such as athlete’s foot. There are some that can have relaxing effects on the body, and they can even be used as a sleep aid if used immediately before bed!
Here are some of the most common ingredients found in the top brands:
- Coconut oil: A common ingredient in foot creams due to its moisturizing capabilities.
- Calcium: Calcium does more than contribute to skeletal development. Calcium also prevents the development of heel spurs associated with plantar fasciitis. You often see this ingredient listed simply as ‘calcium’ or ‘almond oil’, as almonds are a big source of calcium.
- Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint: Peppermint not only tastes good around the holidays, but it can be an effective athlete’s foot treatment. Tea Tree Oil is commonly used in foot care, but it can be a bit too concentrated if you have sensitive skin. Having it diluted in a foot cream is a great way to get all the benefits of the oil without any of the drawbacks.
- Vitamin E: It’s hard to have a conversation about overall health without Vitamin E popping up. It’s found in a wide variety of meats, vegetables, and nuts and helps to combat premature aging by eliminating free radicals in the body. When used as a topical agent it’s an effective moisturizer and helps to heal dry or cracked feet, especially when the dryness is caused by sunlight exposure. UV light is a source of free radicals.
- Lavender oil: This oil is usually used for its relaxing, therapeutic properties. In the context of foot care, it has powerful anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. An additional benefit to lavender is if it’s used at night, it can be a natural sleep aid. However this doesn’t mean that foot creams containing lavender can’t be used during the day. Because lavender is natural, it won’t make you drowsy like Tylenol PM or Nyquil, meaning it will help you sleep if you’re trying to sleep, but won’t knock you out otherwise.
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus is a powerful antiviral and bactericidal ingredient. Fewer bacteria on your feet means a reduced odor.
Now that we’ve familiarized ourselves with why proper foot care is important and the ingredients that will facilitate proper foot health, let’s take a look at some of the top brands for sale.
1. Yellow Bird
An excellent brand, Yellow Bird’s all-natural foot cream is an awesome product because it contains ten exclusively organic, natural ingredients. These ten ingredients cover a wide spectrum, meaning that everything gets covered: dry and cracked feet, bunions, athlete’s foot, and unsavory odor.
Aside from Lavender, peppermint, tea tree oil and eucalyptus, the cream is also made with rosemary extract (which is helpful for its cleansing properties) and shea butter (rich in Vitamin E and also as anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties) along with a few others. Additionally, Yellow Bird prides itself on its products being entirely natural, meaning no GMOs. And being soy and gluten-free reduces the risk of an allergic reaction.
2. Bliss of Greece
Here is an organic product with great reviews. The Bliss of Greece foot butter balm is an Ancient Greek remedy that has proven to be effective. This product is especially good at repairing cracked feet. It will heal your feet and also soften them up to make you more comfortable. In addition, this brand contains natural oils and vitamins that will provide nutrients to your feet. It’s essentially a foot mask.
This 3.8 ounce product comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
3. USA Naturals
USA Naturals tea tree oil foot cream is a great product. The main ingredient is tea tree oil, which has tremendous antifungal properties that will keep your feet clean. The other main ingredient, aloe vera, will keep your feet moisturized and crack-free throughout the day. Finally, peppermint oil is added for a nice smell.
This four ounce container will last you a long time. The price is a little expensive but the product is made in the USA.
4. Kiss My Face
Kiss My Face peppermint foot cream is loaded with skin-friendly ingredients such as sunflower seed oil extract (high in Vitamin E, as well as being an effective topical antioxidant), grape seed oil extract (good for moisturizing), and ginger extract (an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent).
The only problem is, like Burt’s Bees, there are a couple synthetic ingredients involved, such as Glyceryl Stearate— which is an emulsifyer. It’s harmless, being used in a broad spectrum of cosmetic products as a lubricant. Otherwise Kiss My Face foot cream is touted as being an organic product.
Natural foot creams are a must-have if you’re looking to keep your feet healthy. Not only will you have the cosmetic appeal of smooth, soft feet while wearing sandals and flip-flops in the summer, but you’ll also have the health benefits that proper foot care offers.
We believe that Yellow Bird is the best brand on the market. Yellow Bird offers all-natural ingredients, though it’s a lesser-known brand. Burt’s Bees has 30+ years of experience and over 197 products on the market, meaning they’re knowledgeable about skin care— the drawback being that the product linked above contains soybean oil, which may cause a problem for those with an allergy. And while Kiss My Face and Amazing Ayurveda are relatively new to the skincare market, early reviews suggest that they’re offering solid products.
Make sure you choose one to try out. Your feet are just too important to ignore. Not only will well-moisturized feet look good, but taking good care of your feet will keep you active and healthy for years to come.